Wednesday 15 May 2013

Market Daily - 15 May 2013


Another record level for equity indexes overnight.

And they call it the Tepper rally. See http://www.cnbc.com/id/100736219

Asia trading higher as the dollar strength continues as hope of a strong US growth continues

Fresh out of Europe, German GDP growth disappoint, growing at 0.1% vs consensus of 0.3%. As per my short Euro thesis yesterday I have since closed it.

Thus far, my short GBP and EUR are doing well whereas AUDSGD was wrong. I guess I underestimated the whole dollar strength.

Locally on the SGX, there seem to be some unusual price action on Yeo Hiap Seng (YSH) with apparently no news flow. Potential acquisition target?

In addition, yesterday Golden Agri reported a better than expected result and share price went up as a result. Swiber also reported a decent set of result as the share price gap up.

No comments:

Post a Comment